Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Buying a Computer During a Crisis

Even before I hitched my wagon to Amazon last weekend, I let Dell waste two weeks of my time.  I ordered a laptop from them, they said it would be here in two weeks and then right before that 2 week period ended, they said NOPE, DELAYED! and added another 3 weeks to ship time.  So I was grumpy about this whole thing even before I went to Amazon.

Amazon taking my money before shipping my computer didn't help my mood.  Them letting 4 days go by without being able to give me any idea when my order was going to ship solidified my belief that I had to move on.  CANCELLED and now waiting for them to return my funds.

Best Buy claims that as long as an item is in stock, a customer can pick up something in person at their store approximately one hour after ordering.  Because they have plenty of laptops that fit exactly what I'm looking for, I will give them a try as soon as Amazon returns that "premature" (stolen too harsh?) withdrawal.

Boom.





Boom.



Boom.



Sorry, Amazon, you're not the only game in town.

Even during a pandemic.


No comments:

Post a Comment