Saturday, June 6, 2020

Best Buy Pivots and Scores; My Complete Chromebook System is Finally Here

Waiting to receive that last item from my Chromebook package, the keyboard, it was obvious that there was a delivery problem.  Although Best Buy claimed to have sent it out on a specific date, neither UPS nor USPS ever admitted to picking it up.  After the delivery date came and went, I called Best Buy and they did something surprising and amazing: they took care of the problem in the best possible way.

"Yep, that sure does look like it's lost in transit," the customer service guy said after putting me on hold.  "How about we overnight another one to you right now?"

Best Buy's reaction and handling of this problem was of course, exemplary.  I did, in fact, receive the item the very next day as promised.  So, (kudos x 1,000,000) to Best Buy and that phone guy who helped me. 

So now I have this complete 2 in 1 Chromebook system that needs to be reviewed.  And so far, I don't have many complaints at all.

Snap the portable $199 Google keyboard onto the Pixel Slate and it switches the tablets software from tablet mode to "desktop."  Leaning into the tablet, you now get the impression you're dealing with a desktop and not a touch-controlled tablet.

On the very center bottom of the screen are still the icons leading to .  Immediately to the right is the icon that leads to the Google Pen applications and to the right of that, Google's version of Microsoft's system tray, the most important shortcuts to the system's core controls.

(to be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment