Friday, August 28, 2009

Fiction: You Know How I Know...?

After spending almost a week at his family’s, Mark stops by to pick Jamie up for a film. With his mom and sisters and nephew all busying themselves elsewhere, Mark finds Jamie alone in the computer room.

We join the two in mid-conversation…



Jamie: Why would they think we were gay?


Mark: Well, for one, you seem to be smoking nothing but Virginia Slims Lights now.


Jamie: You KNOW I got those from my sister.


Mark: You’re wearing your mother’s shirt.


Jamie: It’s hot, I change often.


Mark: The shirt says STONEWALL 40.


Jamie: C’mon.


Mark: You had to use your shirt to open that Snapple.


Jamie: (silence)


Mark: You’re sitting in front of a computer playing something called ‘FarmTown.’


Jamie: (stares)


Mark: When I walked in, you were listening to ‘Pretty in Pink.’


Jamie: (turns off comp, stands) Let’s go, we’re going to be late for 'The Ugly Truth.'

No comments:

Post a Comment