Sunday, August 30, 2020

Upcoming Hot Toys 1/6 Scale Figures: Marvel Edition

Fall 2020 / Winter 2021 Release Schedule

The amount of time one must preorder Sideshow's Hot Toys figures in advance of release is getting longer and more painful by the day.  Currently, some products are being advertised and pre-sold two years in advance, which just seems insane to me.  Items are announced, I forget about them and the next thing I know, figures are sold out everywhere and selling for $1,000 on eBay.

The below list only features the figures that I'm interested in and hopefully this post will serve as a reminder of sorts for myself.

Est. Arrival: Sep 2020 - Oct 2020

Iron Man Mark XLVII reissue from Spider-Man: Homecoming.  From what I can tell, comes with more accessories than the original.

Noteworthy Accessories: Robert Downey Jr. head sculpt, empty helmet head sculpt, 

Why I Need This: Diecast, under $400 diecast Iron Man figures are rare.


Est. Arrival: Oct 2020 - Jan 2021

Captain America from Avengers: Endgame

Noteworthy Accessories: Mjolnir hammer, normal weathered and broken Cap shields, Chris Evans and masked head sculpts and empty, hold-able Cap mask.

Why I Need This: I really don't.  Nothing in this package (the Evans' likeness, costume, etc.) is that much better than earlier, still available releases.

Est. Arrival: Jan 2021 - Mar 2021

Chubby Thor from Avengers: Endgame

Noteworthy Accessories: Mjolnir and Stormbreaker.  More lightning.

Why I Need This: How much time do you have?  A completely new head and body sculpt with new haircut and beard.  While many of the Avenger Endgame releases are too similar to past figures, chubby Thor is the exact opposite of boring.  It's Thor and he's chubby!  Yep, he's still worthy.


Est. Arrival: Jan 2022 - Mar 2022

Tony Stark (Mech Test Deluxe Version - Special Edition);   $305

Noteworthy Accessories: *Beautiful* Robert Downey Jr. head sculpt, sentimental knick knacks like the "proof Tony Stark has a heart" gift from Pepper, a Mark I face plate with handwritten markings and that one-armed AI robot that saves Tony's life.

Why I Need This: The Downey Jr. head sculpt looks so good and now that Tony is out of the MCU, we're all going a little nuts trying to commemorate him, aren't we?

Sorry, I was so excited about this figure, I listed it way out of order

Est. Arrival: Jul 2021 - Sep 2021

Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version) Special Edition

Noteworthy Accessories: *Beautiful* Robert Downey Jr. head sculpt (only damaged!), damaged Nano Gauntlet.

Why I Need This: See above about all of us missing Tony and this figure right here is his moment of truth.  Battle damage *always* makes me reach for my wallet and the damage on this diecast suit might be the best I've ever seen.

At "only" $446 US dollars, you have a year to save up

Coming up next: 

Smart Hulk

the 2012 Cap

Thanos damaged

Rescue

and Mysterio's Iron Man Illusion

No comments:

Post a Comment