Thursday, September 3, 2009

Anatomy Of A Joke

This morning, someone tells me that Pia Zadora was born in Hoboken, NJ but is disappointed at my lack of interest. Other than complete indifference or utter despair, what other response would be appropriate??

 

Discarded earlier versions of the line went something like:

...I had at that moment such a complete absence of thought or interest on the matter that I imagined at the moment that my current frame of mind was something akin to the negative anti-energy found at the center of a black hole.

...the fact created in me a momentary peaceful void that was so utterly lacking in thought or stimuli that for a moment I thought I had accidentally discovered some kind of ethereal Zen meditation technique.

It was getting late and I had to jump in the shower so I picked the one with the shortest words.

No comments:

Post a Comment